When spring and summer come, there are more and more mosquitoes, insects, especially ants. Luckily, there are many ways to get rid of them and the best thing is that most of the preparations that we need to eliminate them are already in our homes. We are suggesting you several of the most efficient and simplest ways of how to get rid of ants.
Make your own natural preparation against the boring ants!
- Lemon juice: Put some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Citric acid bothers ants and as soon as they sense it, they go further and further from it. Squeeze some lemon juice along the cracks. As we have previously said, ants don’t like citric acid.
- Cinnamon: The ethereal cinnamon oil should be applied on all the corners where ants appear (you can do it with the help of cotton swabs). You can also prepare a liquid from half a liter of water and two tablespoons of cinnamon. Sprinkle the places where there are ants or just put some cinnamon on the critical spots (follow the ant trail). They will disappear quickly. This is a checked and efficient combination.
- Sprinkle a solution made of vinegar and water (2:1) on the places where ants have appeared. The log percentage kills the ants without worrying that you will destroy your furniture. This is an excellent way to get rid of ants if you already know where they are.
You can use vinegar in many ways. You can put it directly on the hot spot (if you find it). It is guaranteed that it will destroy all the ants and prevent them from reappearing. Then, you can sprinkle the corners and the small holes with a combination of vinegar and dishwashing detergent.
- Water and dishwashing detergent: Boil half a liter of water and add 50 ml of dishwashing detergent. Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray the critical spots. You can also use this excellent trick for weeds.
- Baking soda and powder sugar: Mix equal quantities of baking soda and powder sugar. Put the mixture on the places which are full of ants. In a couple of days, you will completely destroy them.
- Put a red chili pepper (if you don’t have small children or pets) on the ant trail. It will make them disappear quickly.
- Feed the ants with cornflour. They will take it to their nests, but because they can’t digest it, it will kill them. Corn flour isn’t dangerous for children or pets.
- Chalk: You can buy cheap chalk in all of the farming chemicals shops. You just draw a line and don’t worry, ants won’t try to cross it. Draw the cracks too (if you have them). It will stick into them and ants don’t like it (they don’t like the calcium carbonate from the chalk). It will keep them away from the places where you’ve applied the chalk.